Bino the Elephant!

Posted by Jason Steele | Sunday 3 October 2010 9:06 pm

New cartoon everyone!  This one’s called “Bino the Elephant.”

There’s a lot of backstory behind this cartoon.  Bino is actually the very first character I can remember creating – I used to do “Bino the Elephant” skits into a tape recorder when I was seven.  So I’ve been wanting to turn him into a cartoon for a while now!

The theme song was written by Logan Whitehurst a few years back, about a year before he died.  I hope he would have liked the intro sequence I ended up creating with it.  Thanks, Logan.

• Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Fark
  • NewsVine
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit

43 Comments

1. Comment by Charles — October 3, 2010 @ 9:43 pm

Amazingness

2. Comment by warz — October 3, 2010 @ 9:47 pm

Oh my god. I’m the first comment. May I add that this was a spectacular performance and possibly one of your finest. R.I.P. Logan.

3. Comment by warz — October 3, 2010 @ 9:48 pm

Also, the link for the song on the download page 404′d.

4. Comment by The Magical Moose — October 3, 2010 @ 10:00 pm

Instant classic.

5. Comment by Megore — October 3, 2010 @ 10:15 pm

That was one sick intro you made for this cartoon and hey you brought back the characters from Swiffer!

6. Comment by Pete — October 3, 2010 @ 10:34 pm

Holy shit! I’ve been dying to see Bino the Elephant since like 2005 or so when I first started getting into your work. Glad to see Whitehurt’s themesong put to excellent use. I’m getting excited now.

7. Comment by Gugger — October 3, 2010 @ 10:38 pm

Best out of all of your recent videos, you used that dark humor that you just don’t see anywhere else.

8. Comment by Danjcb — October 3, 2010 @ 10:47 pm

That was… FANTASTIC! LOVED IT! Well Done!

Also, not to repeat a point, but are we ever going to see The Cloak 2?

9. Comment by peter — October 4, 2010 @ 9:44 am

Loved it

10. Comment by Demons Dog — October 4, 2010 @ 11:12 am

It’s really sad that Logan died before he could see this.
    The video was great Jason, I’m sure he would have loved it.

11. Comment by Demons Dog — October 4, 2010 @ 11:13 am

Not so sure if Vanilla would have though.

12. Comment by Desss — October 4, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

wuuuuuut the??? i like how he DIES in the begining but then is alive again. i love how evil and uncaring your videos are lol it’s almost emo it’s so epic. EPIC

13. Comment by Mars — October 4, 2010 @ 7:19 pm

In after effects, I would consider making the scene 3D and place the subjects at different distances in Z space. Then creating a camera parented to a null to control the movements. Not only will camera moves look cleaner, but you can choose a lens and create some great depth of field changes.

14. Comment by Jason Steele — October 4, 2010 @ 8:26 pm

Mars – that would go against the simplistic “oil painting” style of the cartoon. Technical improvements do not always equal artistic improvements.

15. Comment by Sir Friend — October 4, 2010 @ 8:27 pm

gotta love tha kids in the backround lmao. kinda sad at the end when u figure out the scientist is morman, i thought he was better than that LOL

16. Comment by Mars — October 4, 2010 @ 9:55 pm

Jason ~ That was a position I neglected to consider. In that case, Carry on kind sir.

17. Comment by doijj — October 4, 2010 @ 10:12 pm

Lovin it!

18. Comment by Will06Eye — October 4, 2010 @ 10:44 pm

when I saw it was the characters you used for the Swiffer vid (one of my favourite), I was so overjoyed I peed on myself.

19. Comment by AdAm :O — October 4, 2010 @ 11:04 pm

Bino is ninja.

20. Comment by LostOverThere — October 5, 2010 @ 12:57 am

The theme music…it’s marvellous…I must hear it on my MP3 musical listening device.

Where may I obtain a copy?

21. Comment by LostOverThere — October 5, 2010 @ 12:58 am

Wow, what a retarded question. Nevermind…

22. Comment by ahhhh — October 5, 2010 @ 6:13 pm

i noticed the trash can from curbside love right after the intro
    ps my most favorite vid

23. Comment by Jeff — October 5, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

oh it was written before he died? silly me i thought Logan produced it FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!

24. Comment by Phyrone2 — October 5, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

wow…..me and the flower have the same hobby……..

YOU CANT JUDGE ME BECAUSE I DO WHAT I DO…..

ok maybe a little……..

25. Comment by BURGERMAN — October 6, 2010 @ 2:13 am

Hmmmmmm… I was glad you brought back Charles and Meredith and I very very liked the intro but honestly I didn’t really like this one so much….

26. Comment by BURGERMAN — October 6, 2010 @ 2:14 am

Well not as much as your others at least.

27. Comment by Lilly — October 6, 2010 @ 4:39 pm

I love the cat-thing

28. Comment by lucky33325 — October 7, 2010 @ 8:04 pm

Dark humor at it’s best. :D

29. Comment by Zach — October 7, 2010 @ 8:54 pm

I absolutley love Saisage Cats voice
    Amazing

30. Comment by BURGERMAN — October 8, 2010 @ 4:49 am

I found Bino and Charles in The Cloak! HIDDEN!!!!!

31. Comment by Jamez — October 9, 2010 @ 10:58 am

Description is his journey begins… Will we see more? :D

32. Comment by Drake — October 9, 2010 @ 6:06 pm

I think that this cartoon was one of the best you’ve ever done, and I would love to see it become a series like Charlie the Unicorn and Llamas With Hats.

33. Comment by Rayverak — October 10, 2010 @ 3:40 am

I love it, this seems to make a lot more sense than usual (^vxxv^) other than the crazy prof, who I also enjoyed quite fiercely.
    Interesting.. this one too had singing in it.. only we didn’t hear it. The song would be a nice DVD feature.

34. Comment by Peter — October 10, 2010 @ 10:34 am

Drake i second your option, and i will love too see the Cloak be a series too. and this is one of the best movies you ever made keep up the good work.

35. Comment by Jake — October 10, 2010 @ 12:43 pm

I love the cat thing he shud hav his own video

36. Comment by Maddox — October 10, 2010 @ 8:00 pm

I personally believe the cat was a perfect character for the story.
    And I thought that the swiffer man already left Merideth and her ” horrible, stinky, out-dated cleaning equiptment.” :)

37. Comment by Danjcb — October 12, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

@Maddox
    He has more wives… probably also called Merideth

38. Comment by Snurgle — October 12, 2010 @ 7:44 pm

sausage-cats and perverted flowers! what will they think of next!

39. Comment by Corey L. — October 16, 2010 @ 9:13 pm

While I’m totally accepting of his work schedule, I hope the immensity of this latest cartoon doesn’t effect how long it takes for the next one to come out. I love these cartoons, and could totally use the laughs, as could all of us, from week to week. But, I understand. Hey, we all have lives and what not, but man, just know, I think you provide joy to us watchers more than you know!

40. Comment by meloncake — October 17, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

OMG jason , that vid was amazing , did you also know that the day of the tabernacle is coming soon , ALL HAIL THE TABERICLE

41. Comment by lucky33325 — October 18, 2010 @ 10:04 pm

Im scared. The next cartoon is… BREADSTICKS. omg i can imagine the song now
    breadsticks, oh breadsticks

42. Comment by Ethan — October 19, 2010 @ 4:45 am

PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL THIS IS THE FUNNIEST VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN (sorry about caps)

43. Comment by Audrey — October 19, 2010 @ 5:35 pm

Loved this one! I kinda wanna make some fanart for it. And I don’t make fanart for just anything. or maybe a shirt with the whole gang on it – bino, charles, sausage cat, and the flower. or maybe I’ll buy a shirt from you cause I don’t have ANY sort of equipment to make a shirt :> but, yeah, loved it. I kinda wanna see more of bino.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.