Project Updates

Posted by Jason Steele | Thursday 28 May 2009 8:05 pm

Here’s the current line-up of stuff I’m working on:

Gods of Olympus – this is now in the animation phase, and should be released within a week.  This is becoming a favorite of mine.  It’s short, but filled with delicious custard.

I also have NINE other animated projects for which voices have been recorded.  There are going to be a lot of FilmCow releases in the coming month.

Tomorrow (Friday) I’m going to be filming another live-action short with my cousins Chris and Nick, and my brother Joshqua.  I’ll let you all know how that goes.

The Spatula Madness feature is slowly being worked on again.  I’ve moved all the project files over from my old computer, and converted everything to be compatible with the new versions of the programs I’m using to animate it.

As for the FilmCow DVD I mentioned in my previous post, we’ve now recorded commentary tracks for a number of movies, and soon we’ll be putting together the super-special features.  Seeing as there is actual interest in the disk, I hope to have it released by the end of July / beginning of August.

• Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Fark
  • NewsVine
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit

18 Comments

1. Comment by Uggy — May 28, 2009 @ 9:05 pm

Whoa, just randomly decided “Hey, I should see what ol’ Jason is up to… The scumbag antique dealer!” And wow, new post! Can’t wait for Spatula Madness, though I’m beginning to think it’s going the way of the Phantom… Gaming device. Muah. Hah. Hah? Keep it real, Steele!

-Ug

2. Comment by Walker — May 28, 2009 @ 11:56 pm

Yay. 9 new movies. I know it must be hectic to have to work on so much in so little time. So I thank you for brining out so much.

3. Comment by Doijj — May 29, 2009 @ 1:46 am

Yay!!! I’m excited!

4. Comment by Jason Williams — May 29, 2009 @ 7:25 am

Wow, that’s a lot. I can’t wait for all the new stuff. Keep the awesome train moving.

5. Comment by usless information that nobody cares about yet reads it anyway for some unknown reason — May 29, 2009 @ 9:49 am

i am excited because he said: ‘super special’ even though he didnt include the ‘awsome’ part which i am acustomed to by watching YGOTAS

6. Comment by Devils Dog — May 29, 2009 @ 10:59 am

What wacky object is going to be covering Joshquas face now?

Also, i noticed than in some of your old movies you spelled Joshqua as Joshua

Can’t wait for the DVD/Gods of olympus

Also, custard sucks

7. Comment by Mart — May 29, 2009 @ 11:22 am

Oh noes, Jason, don’t ever tell people about a release date, when you have a million projects at hand, it’s bad luck, baaad luck I tell ya

8. Comment by beibei — May 29, 2009 @ 11:52 am

Woo!It’s wonderful!!Nowadays my friends are crazying about your videos,especially the ‘charlie the unicorn’!!We like the songs in these videos!!I hope that these songs and some interesting dialogues can be recorded perspectively in the DVD!!

9. Comment by John Doe — May 29, 2009 @ 1:42 pm

Any chance of a new Cloak? , ;P

10. Comment by Samuel Shaver — May 29, 2009 @ 4:17 pm

9 projects, a new short, and a Filmcow DVD soon, sounds Snazztastic!

11. Comment by Onegiri — May 29, 2009 @ 5:35 pm

FINALLY!!!
    I’ve been waiting ages since your last post on gods of olympus
    AND IT STILL HAS A WEEK TO GO?
    I would be annoyed but the added custard makes it alright!
    will the DVD have any of the toons that are yet to be released?
    your new live action short could it be by any chance…
    DAD COP 2 2? that would be awesome!

12. Comment by Jason Steele — May 29, 2009 @ 5:40 pm

Onegiri – most of the stuff I’m working on now will be on the DVD. In fact there’s a couple projects that are going to be DVD exclusives.

As for the live-action we filmed today, no, it’s just a short skit. At the moment we don’t have any particularly epic live-action projects planned, hah. Too much animation stuff going on at the moment.

13. Comment by rawrza — May 30, 2009 @ 12:58 am

Yeah! I’m reeal reaaaal excited for the DVD and things that you things and stuff!

14. Comment by Pepper — May 30, 2009 @ 5:53 am

i’m really looking forward to a CLOAK 2!

15. Comment by me — May 30, 2009 @ 8:41 pm

Hey, I saw this Garfield comic and it reminded me of your Charlie the Unicorn 2 song. Go to http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
    and then there’s a little thing where you can search by the date. Anyways, put in 1983-October-22 and then you’ll see what I mean! ^.^

16. Comment by Devils Dog — May 31, 2009 @ 7:31 am

Holy crap

Have you seen that before Jason?

17. Comment by April — June 1, 2009 @ 9:19 pm

Just wanted to say that I can’t WAIT ’til Gods of Olympus comes out. WOO!!!!!!!!!!

18. Comment by Pod it's — June 7, 2009 @ 1:12 pm

I’d love to see more of “the weasel” making pronouncements only to
    be mowed over by various things.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.