Klay World: All Gone

I’ve been a huge fan of the Klay World series since I first stumbled across it on Newgrounds ten years ago.  There’s always been something magical about it, something I feel no one else in the world could ever reproduce.  Over the years Robert’s animation has improved, as has his sense of direction and timing, but every episode – all the way back to the first – still holds up as funny.

With “All Gone”, the Klay World series is now a completed project.  There’s been something like a hundred episodes, a feature film, and now a finale.  I’m sad to see it all end, but as a fan I couldn’t have asked for a better send-off.

“Klay World: All Gone” is, I feel, the very best Klay World episode.  Not only is it hilarious, and hilariously violent, but it’s also surprisingly heartfelt.  I’ve been watching Klay World since I was a teenager – it’s been around for more than a third of my life.  And for Robert, this has been his life’s biggest artistic project.  “All Gone” does a great job dealing with the emotions of moving on, in a way that never seems out of place with the inanity that is Klay World.  I was overflowing with nostalgia seeing all the old characters together again, one last time, on one last stupid adventure.  It was like the finale of Lost, but it made me happy and satisfied instead of angry and annoyed that I had wasted so much of my life for nothing.

All Gone ends Klay World a billion times better than the finale of Lost ended Lost.  This is the kind of finale you always hope for with a long-running series.  The animation is the best the series has ever seen, the story is well conceived, and the comedy is spot-on the whole way through.  It hits every note a finale should hit.

If you’re a fan of Klay World, or Robert, show your support and get the finale.  It’s fucking wonderful.

The digital download is available for $4:

kw

10 Responses to “ “Klay World: All Gone”

1. Tom says:

I would buy it for a dollar. Four is kinda steep. I will have to wait until the reviews now. Thanks.

• Jason Steele says:

Distribution itself costs money – if Robert charged a dollar for this he would be taking a loss on every sale.

It’s worth the $4. This isn’t a rental, it’s a video you get to keep, DRM-free. And best of all, you get to support an artist who creates so many free videos for you – videos that wouldn’t be possible without the revenue from stuff like this!

• Bananaking says:

What a cheap-ass nosebone…..

2. Lizern808 says:

I could not agree more, Jason. It was so great to see all of these tribute to past Klamtations. When the credits rolled, I was sad to see it end, but I was more happy by just how much care and heart this finale had. This is definitely worth more than $4.

3. Brennan Segarra says:

Could not have said it better any better myself Jason. This has to be my favorite thing Robert has ever made and its just so utterly perfect as the finale to such a great series. Watching from being 9 to now 18, I was as well hit by a lot of nostalgia with this and the emotional tones hit are just SO AWESOME AND FITTING. It made me so happy 🙂

4. n0cDk3y says:

You said it Jason. A congratulations and thank you to Robert Benfer for an awesome series all these years. I hope he finds another amazing project to work on ;(

5. Reizza says:

@tom I don’t think 4 dollars is very much to ask for. Stop motion is hard work and you need a great deal of patience to do it right. Plus if you think about it, a stupid latte costs about the same if not more, and this won’t give you diarrhea after. (At least I don’t think it will)

6. Iguana Baritone says:

How exactly is this being distributed? Clicking on the link from Robert’s site takes me straight to Paypal.

7. Don Carlson says:

It was an honor to be part of both films. Off The Table has the newer version of At The Rave Inn, and All Gone has the original version that Knox heard when he was doing Off The Table.

Kind of sad to see the series ending, but I hope that Knox keeps animating. He has comic timing for animation down pat.

Don C.
    composer

8. Kasen says:

Too bad I don’t have a credit card.