Dark Midnight: The Device

I present for your consideration the first episode of our new sci-fi / horror anthology series “Dark Midnight.”  Bewaaaareee, bewaaaaaaaaaarrrreeeeee…

27 Responses to “ “Dark Midnight: The Device”

1. El Lime Head says:

I usually love all your videos, but I’m very sorry to say that this one simply wasn’t up to standard. It just seemed dry and boring. Or maybe I’m just growing up. Either way, I’d advise you to not continue with this series. HIWAC is fine, but replace this with Animal sequels or something.

• Jason Steele says:

I am, in fact, continuing the series. Sorry you didn’t like it.

As for it being dry, that’s, uh, kind of the point.

• Duke_Icoris says:

I actually really liked it. (Then again, I liked “Birdemic”). Anyway, yeah. I’m basically a fan of anything you produce. Especially if you add a “Doctor Who” reference when time traveling. That would complete me.

• Kevolution says:

This is genius, Jason. It’s somewhat slow, but even then, the akwardness is funny.

• LOLephant In The Room says:

At least there is a consistent schedule for the time being, and it doesn’t hurt the quality of the videos. That’s all I’m asking for and I’m sure others are too, keep it up!

• that guy says:

I wasnt a fan either, but whatever its not like everyone will like every single film he makes. I am a longtime fan and thoroughly enjoyed 3 out of the last 4. I am loving this new format and evem though I may not love every single video, whatever it still gives me something to look forward to each week. Its not like were paying him a monthly subscription. Thank you jason for keeping up the hard work and doing something unique

• ProManger says:

I was actually quite duly impressed with both this and Hit it With a Car. Jason, I am very happy that you are delving deeper into the field of satire with these two series. Some people do not understand satire, but I think this is an excellent sacrifice to make, because those of who DO get it are falling off our chairs with laughter.

Keep up the good work!

2. ACFan120 says:

When I first read about this in one of the older posts, I was a little excited to see how this would turn out. However, I was hoping for it to be a bit more serious than it actually was. Besides that, however, it was very entertaining, and very cheesy. And I love cheese.

3. Kev says:

Haha, it reminds me of a more serious version of Death Bat 4, even though it’s totally not serious. Looking forward to more of this series!

4. Burt Reynolds says:

The best part? Seeing you pop out of the closet at the end, Jason. Made my day.

5. ShamallamaXY says:

I can’t wait for the next in the series! The traveler from the future is probably carrying vital news that may or may not pertain to the end of the univeeeerse!

6. Mart says:

I loved it, Jason, and I’m glad to hear that you’ll make more. Can’t wait.
    Also, this four videos a month thing, pretty neat 😀

7. Aaron says:

Love it! Don’t listen to the haters, please continue.

8. Dan says:

at first I didn’t think I liked it… but I watched it again, and I think it’s growing on me. It has charm. Please continue

9. MWL says:

I’ve never posted on this site before, but seeing some of the harsh criticism, I have to say that I think this is absolutely brilliant. It copies the gestalt of the Twilight Zone wonderfully and has some of the best, subtlest humor I’ve seen in a long time. Please continue this series.

• Supertom says:

And I think a lot of the people who dislike it haven’t seen the twilight zone and so don’t respect the humor.

10. Raditz says:

I personally liked the idea and concept, but it does need work. I think the series has potential, but I think it should go deeper, way way deeper. I am a long time fan and would love to see more of this and I’m also glad to see a steady schedule.

Enjoyable.

12. Amputee Stripper says:

Aah, Mr.Steele, you never fail to disappoint.

• Amputee Stripper says:

Woah. Read this. Typed it wrong. XD What I was trying to say was I loved it. I honestly don’t know how it ended up “You never fail to disappoint” Sorry about that.

13. ThatOneChick says:

Good day, Mr. Steele. You seem to have discovered my organization’s Device and revealed its presence to the world. This violates one of our laws.
    Prepare for destruction.

(Your videos enrich my life and reference repetoire.)

14. Who the Dog at Harris says:

This is beautiful and I look longingly forward to many more episodes to come.

15. Alex says:

I want every midnight to be Dark Midnight!

16. The Hat of Love says:

I would just like to say that I laughed all the way though this. Several plays over.

17. Duke_Icoris says:

OH! I just noticed the “Eduardo Spatualhands” cameo!